Monday, May 19, 2014

Birthdays and Beaches

There are too many May birthdays. I've decided.

Monday, May 12 - Went to a sushi place after work to celebrate three awesome birthdays:  Kristina, Hexar, and Ben. While I did not partake in sushi, I did enjoy a stellar martini made from pear saki. I also got to witness this ridiculousness:
Check out those leggings!

Tuesday, May 13 - Happy Birthday to my cousin, Dan! 
You know you love my morning walk pictures... Only in Seattle (I'm guessing), do you see this around the block:
Polar bears need help!  Followed by a list of ways to help the environment.
Presumably made by an adorable child.
That night, I was able to watch the most of the Hawks game (win!!) with coworkers, surrounded by beers and dreamsicle beers (truth). 

Wednesday, May 14 - On my first night alone in Seattle, back in January, I volunteered for the Northwest Avalanche Center fundraising dinner. Welp, this Wednesday was their 'thank you' event for all of their volunteers. Yay me! We met up at a microbrewery for a few delicious beers and biscuit sandwiches. Did you know May 14 was National Biscuit Day? I didn't. Now I do.
After the event, Kristina and I carried on to Golden Gardens for yet another birthday festivity for our friend, Amber. Golden Gardens is a public park that has pretty much everything - beach, wetlands, hiking trails, volleyball, playgrounds, etc. This night, bonfire was king.

Bad lighting, too dark, blah blah blah.  Look at that gorgeous sunset!!
Thursday, May 15 - Run group! It was another fine day in Seattle, so I couldn't help but join the run group for a loop around Greenlake. Three miles was all my knee could take, but I did it!

Friday, May 16 - We closed out Kristina's birthday festivities (if they ever really end) by dressing to the 9's to go to a dive bar called the Zoo. Black IPA's were flowing and much to my excitement, they had pool, darts, and a very untrustworthy skee ball machine. 

Saturday, May 17 - Feeling as stellar as one can after a night of drinking and no dinner, I awoke to realize that for the first time in history, I left my ID at the bar the night before. After a great brunch, Porter and I walked the 3.5 miles roundtrip to reclaim the lost item. It was a gorgeous day and we stopped at the lake to soak it in (one of us literally).
Gahh more gorgeous flowers!!!  They're everywhere!
If I were to live in a houseboat, it would be on one of these.
A few plots are still open. My birthday's in August. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for celebrating so much with me! I am actually glad my bday festivities have come to an "end" too (I mean, there's always the countdown till next year...).

    I'll put a deposit down on a houseboat slip for you. I'll pay the $800,000 for the slip, and you can pay the cool $2mil for the house to be built. K? K.

    ReplyDelete