Monday, March 24, 2014

Reunited: Bowers Twins!

It had been almost two months since I dropped Christina off at the Seattle airport with my parents.  This was the longest Christina and I had ever gone without seeing each other - beating our previous "record" by at least a month, if not more.  Needless to say, we were counting down the days until we would reunite at SeaTac airport once again.  

Before I get to the MAIN EVENT, one quick highlight from the week prior.

Thursday, March 20 - WhitePages sponsored GeekWire's PingPong Tournament.  I helped work the booth.  Over 800 people showed up to this networking event. WhitePages gave out stellar water bottles and a free iPad mini.  Most of the night was spent telling people how great WhitePages is, with cerveza in hand.  I was also able to watch the Intermediate and Expert final tournaments.  Unbelievable talent!  After the event ended, my coworkers and I continued the party until the late, late hours.  Next year, I am signing up to compete.  
Saturday, March 22 - 9am hot yoga (I can feel my practice improving and getting stronger).  11am, Christina arrives in Seattle!!!  Just to make the day extra special, Rainier was out in all its glory.  Chrissy had a window seat, so she even got to see it coming in!  After taking Chris on the obligatory WhitePages tour, we visited two glassblowing galleries downtown.  Seattle (currently) has the most glassblowing studios in the world.  
After the mini tour of the city, we drove back to my place, snuggled up on the couch, and watched movies to our heart's content.  Amid Frozen and Tangled, we enjoyed some vino and even cooked up some delicious(!!!) chicken parmesan wonton cups.  

Sunday, March 23 - aka our "Social Day."  Another gorgeous day in Seattle, we met up with our former coworker, Amber, her husband, Ryan, and their daughter, Lucy. We played on the beach, "ran" through the fields, and played a fair amount of hide and seek. :)
After returning from our trip to Golden Gardens, Chris and I met up with my roommate, Matty who took us on a tour of the UW campus.  UW is known for its cherry blossom trees and this weekend they were at their very best!



Look at that bright blue sky!!
After soaking in more Vitamin D than Chris has probably had in six months, we came back home for a quick power nap.  Well-rested, we continued onto my friend Matt's place for some delicious wine and aperitifs.  Kristina soon joined us and we made our way to an amazing restaurant on Eastlake called Ravish.  Well, ravish me silly, their menu was delectable.  Bacon wrapped dates, kale salad, fancy flat bread, baked brie... my mouth waters in memory.  


Monday, March 24 - For our last day together, Christina and I continued our movie and snugglefest.  Why mess with perfection.  After big hugs and a tearful goodbye, I once again dropped off my twinkie at the airport.

The rest of the day was dedicated to productivity.  Also, it was 66 degrees and sunny, so I decided to give my knee a go and hit the pavement.  I ran about 2 miles before the knee started chatting, but at least my walk home was in the sunshine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment