Thursday, March 13, 2014

When in Doubt, Sweat it Out

Highlights from the last week and a half!  It has been a lot of work but a lot of fun too!

Wednesday, March 5 - I was brought to an absolute gem in the city:  Il Corvo.  A locally owned, handmade pasta joint.  It was outstanding.  They are only open Mon-Fri, so if you come to visit, I'd plan on being here one of those days. 

Thursday, March 6 - Thanks to Kristina, I was able to go to the Radical Reels Tour!  Every year, the Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival goes on tour to present the best high-adrenaline films entered into their competition.  Climbing, paddling, mountain biking, base jumping, skiing, snowboarding, etc.  For a glimpse into the evening, watch this. Seeing such talent was incredibly motivating!


Friday, March 7 - WhitePage's happy hour - beach-themed with hula hoops and mai tai's!  To follow, there was a going away party for one of my coworkers.  I joined the party a little late and found the table filled with pitchers.  No better way to sample the local flavors or get to know your coworkers!  

Saturday, March 8 - Girls Night!  Potluck, mojito margaritas, chick flicks, and more mojito margaritas.  I was able to meet new friends and catch up with some familiar faces as well.  We're thinking it may become a regular occurrence. :)


Sunday, March 9 - My parents visit!!!  Upon their arrival, we headed straight for the town of Woodinville, where they have 90(!) wineries.  After our fill of tastings and a stop at RedHook, I took them on a tour of WhitePages.  Then, it was off to the hotel where we enjoyed the pool and watched a movie accompanied by some amazing Thai food.  It felt wonderful to be on the couch just hanging out again (missing Chris, of course).  It was a short visit, but it was fantastic to see them and get their long-awaited hugs!


Monday, March 10 - After leaving work, my roommate, Matt, and I had an impromptu dinner at the Columbia Tower.  To refresh your memory, it's the tallest building in Washington (and most of the West coast).  We got to watch the sunset and the food was outstanding!

The tall building on the far right is Rainier Tower, where I work.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday This week, work has been busier than normal (yes, that’s Very Busy).  HOWEVER, this week’s focus has been exercising and I have stuck with it.  My building has a gym on the lower level – nothing stellar, but convenient.  I signed up on Monday and made my first appearance on Tuesday.  

Due to a project at WhitePages, I started work yesterday and today at 5:30 AM.  No doubt a 4:30 wake-up call is brutal, but leaving work at 3:30 affords me extra time to try something “new.”

Yesterday was the first time I walked into a hot yoga studio in two years.  It felt like it.  I remembered everything but my sweat rag (top 5 things you don’t want to forget), but I survived – sort of.  They say their heating system is more detoxifying and intense than others.  I believe them.  I sat a few times during class to ensure I didn't pass out.  I was lucky; there was another woman who lost her lunch in the locker room after class.  Leaving the studio (after a cold, cold shower), I felt amazing.  Sure, my body didn't stop sweating until 2 in the morning and I had a massive headache BUT I did it.  I woke up this morning feeling great, so I’m going for round 2 today!

<<Update:  Just back from round 2 and it was awesome.  That is all.>>

No comments:

Post a Comment